At LATICRETE, you can breathe easier knowing that many of our products are made with you in mind.
Did You Know?
- About 2 million workers are currently exposed to respirable crystalline silica in construction workplaces
- Over 640,000 of these workers are estimated to be exposed to silica levels that exceed OSHA’s proposed permissible exposure limit (PEL)
- Use engineering controls such as blasting cabinets and local exhaust ventilation to contain/remove respirable contaminates
- Avoid using compressed air for cleaning surfaces
- Use water sprays, wet methods for cutting, chipping, drilling, sawing, grinding, etc.
- Do not eat, drink or smoke near crystalline silica dust
- Wash hands and face before eating, drinking or smoking away from exposure area
- Find out more about LATICRETE products that contain no respirable crystalline silica levels that exceed the OSHA action level*
- When mixing and pouring self-leveling underlayments and overlayments utilize a pouring cart such as the LATICRETE® Pro-Mix Station. This allows you to contain the material and attach a dust extractor to help eliminate harmful dust from the jobsite.