Industrial Concrete Floor Coatings
Industrial floor coatings represent some of the most challenging applications for high performance flooring. They represent an economical and safe alternative to other types of commercial concrete flooring systems such as vinyl, polished or densified concrete. Industrial coatings provide a resilient and seamless finish that offers superior chemical and stain resistance.
Historically, industrial coatings incorporated several types of epoxy or urethane coatings that were available in a variety of colors and finishes. Over the past decade, polyaspartic concrete coatings have emerged as an alternative to standard epoxy or urethane type systems.
- 1-Day installation with next-day return to service
- Customizable colors and textures
- Superior substrate adhesion
- Excellent durability
- High chemical and stain resistance
- High traction flooring solution
To learn more about polyaspartic coatings and how they may benefit your next project, please click here.
LATICRETE® has developed several types of industrial concrete floor coating systems based on polyaspartic technology. These applications can be designed with an array of additives to provide for a multitude of high performance finishes. Coating thickness may also be adjusted depending on facility requirements. Our SPARTACOTE® systems have been engineered to offer owners and contractors several options when determining the appropriate solution for their project. We encourage you to work with us directly in designing a system that meets your needs. Generally, owners and facility managers will select one of the following for a functional commercial and industrial concrete coating system:
- Solid color floor coating available in 14 standard or custom colors.
- Economical yet durable solution provides for a consistent and reflective floor finish.
- Traction additives may be incorporated for increased slip resistance.
- Uses blended vinyl flakes as an integral component to give off simulated terrazzo type finish.
- Offer a more decorative finish with minimal maintenance.
- Contoured surface provides for adequate traction within heavy-traffic type environments.
- Highly economical, clear concrete sealer provides for a wet concrete look.
- Offering superior chemical and stain resistance, SPARTACOTE stain is often selected as an alternative to polished or densified concrete.
- Resistant to: Ketchup, Mustard, Beer and Soda
- Dozens of VIVID DYE colors available
- High traction coefficients based on application
- Bathroom-friendly, chemical resistant finish
- UV stable
- Easy to clean finish
Understanding the components of proper floor coating adhesion is critical to ensuring a high integrity polyaspartic concrete coating installation. Our factory trained and certified installers will mechanically prepare the concrete while conducting tests for such issues such as elevated moisture vapor emission rates (MVERs) within the substrate. To understand more about floor coating adhesion, please click here.
Following surface preparation, the installer will follow a regimented installation process that is customized to the layout of the floor and the overall requirements of the project. For interior applications, where VOCs and solvent odors need to be kept to a minimum, owners may select SPARTACOTE® PURE™ coating systems, which are low VOC and low odor. These systems offer comparable durability to standard floor coating applications but emit no harsh odors or VOCs.
In general, facilities may be returned back into full service within 24 hours following the final top-coat application.
LATICRETE is committed to ensuring the best possible experience for our customers’ concrete floor coating project. Our products offer several advantages, and we realize that those advantages are only achieved with the full support of our expert staff and trained contractors through the completion of the project.
Contact us for more information.